Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 24 October 2016

Visible Image ~ Sparkle! ...

.... even in the rain! Especially, in the rain !!

Happy Monday and good morning! It is my turn today to share a creation with you for [Visible Image].

Today, I am sharing a project working with one of their FABULOUS, ORIGINAL [Monoliths].

Visible Image were the first retailers to bring these great products to us back in February of this year and I am delighted to be sharing my project with you today.

The monoliths are free standing superb quality, laser cut MDF boards which come with a separate base plate which makes posting easy. They are double sided too and they come in a pack of five. They make the perfect gift ♥

I gave the monolith a coating of white Gesso followed by a couple of the DecoArt Media Fluid acrylic paint colours in Cobalt Teal Hue and Titanium White. I tried not to blend the colours too much so they would look like a sheet of rain.. the base plate was given a random coating of paint to look like a puddle..



I stamped directly onto the monolith using acrylic paint and once the paint dried I embossed the sentiment from the [Sparkle In The Rain] set.

Then stamped the silhouette woman with umbrella also onto the monolith. I wanted to add some texture to her umbrella so stamped it again onto a piece of plain paper, fussy cut and creased it up a bit then added it over the top of the umbrella already stamped onto the monolith.

I then masked the sentiment and woman while I gave the monolith a generous spritz of clear texture spray.. see below..


The edges of the monolith were treated to some Distress Ink adding some contrast.

I then grounded the image with a black water colour pencil, once dry I assembled the monolith.


♥ Finished monolith ♥



This was such a fun project to work on! Can't wait to share another monolith with you soon.

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance.

Don't forget you can see lots more Visible Image inspiration here..

[Visible Image Shop] for all your stamps and monoliths ♥

[Visible Image BLOG] for lots of Design Team inspiration ♥

[Show & Tell Monthly Challenge]  for your chance to win a £25 gift certificate ♥

[Visible Image FB page] for up todate news and offers ♥

 [Visible Image FB group] a place together and share our love for all things Visible Image ♥ 
 


[Visible Image on Twitter]


Happy creating, Gez

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gez. Wow!this momolith looks fantastic. I really like the crumpled paper detail on the umbrella - so clever!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gez. Wow!this momolith looks fantastic. I really like the crumpled paper detail on the umbrella - so clever!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Dot. Really pleased you like my finished monolith. They make the PERFECT gift ♥

      Delete
  3. Fabulous project, I love all the details, you've given me lots of ideas, thanks Gez. Hugs Pauline xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project, the clear texture spray has made perfect rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Gez, I love ♥ it. I have just found that I have this very same stamp set! I'll have to give it a go!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx